We all strive for better health. But what keeps people from improving their health is fear that the efforts will be too great. The good news is that every little bit counts, and there are many things you can do for better health starting today.
In this article, we share 10 simple and great tips for better health.
- Walk or bike the shorter distances instead of taking the car. For example, it can be a walk to the store of a couple of km. It does wonders for the body and usually does not take that much longer. The best part is that it can easily be incorporated into your daily life.
- Go for walks together. Long or short, a walk a day is good for body and soul, it cleanses the brain and creates opportunities for good conversation.
- Do as the kids. Do you have children yourself or visit friends with children, watch the children play and run around. Run after them or climb a tree, throw yourself into the game! Guaranteed success for both health and children.
- Do you have an elevator where you live? Skip it and take the stairs.
- Set specific goals for your workout. Choose a specific day or time to work out, as well as how long to spend. Don’t be too hard on yourself.
- Decide on a reward you will not receive until you complete the training. For example, it could be a good dinner or a favorite show on TV.
- Motivate and encourage each other. Does your partner want to go out and jog? Come along! Do not be negative, but encourage all signs of positive change. For example, if you can’t run, you can go for a short walk instead of just skipping and choosing the couch instead.
- Challenge each other! Create small competitions or goals, such as 10 push-ups per day. Remind each other to work out, work out together, and follow up.
- Work out short workouts! There are lots of apps with 5-15 minutes of short workouts that can be done daily and that can give you reminders and statistics on results. These apps are especially suitable for those who do not have the time or opportunity to work out in the gym.
- The most important thing when it comes to training and learning new habits is discipline. Sad, but true. If you have decided to make a change it will not work with a point bet; continuity is required. This is perhaps the biggest challenge for most people. If you get the discipline in place you will see results. We promise!